Thursday, April 3, 2008

Going Potty

We have been kind of potty training Isaac, or at least we let him sit on the potty most every time he says he needs to go "pee pee poddy." Whenever he is successful at using the toilet, we praise him by saying, "Good boy, Isaac!! You did it!!" Trying to make it such a big deal so that his interest in the potty stays alive.

Well, today I was going to the bathroom and Isaac happened to be in with me. He was watching me intently and when I reached for the toilet paper, he said, "Good boy, Mommy!! You did it!" In his cutest most proud 2 year old voice. It was SOO cute!

I later returned to the bathroom, but locked Isaac out this time. He was crying at the door, yelling "Mommy! Mommy! I come in!" I was sitting there thinking "NOW I know why my mom (and all other special moms) always locks the door and took her time in the bathroom." It was HER time and now it is MY time! :o) I can leave the world behind and enjoy a few peaceful minutes alone.

No comments: