
"I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to your families, to your children, your grandchildren, and others, on through the generations. Each of us is important to those who are near and dear to us—and as our posterity read of our life’s experiences, they, too, will come to know and love us. And in that glorious day when our families are together in the eternities, we will already be acquainted. " - Spencer W. Kimball
I'd like to take this opportunity to put my testimony in writing and bear witness to those who know me well, who would like to know me better and to those who may want know me in the future.
I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the one and only true church on the earth today. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God. I know that Jesus died for the sins of all and especially for me. I know that he was resurrected, so that we may all live with Heavenly Father again.
I believe in God the Eternal Father, in his Son, Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost. I know they are three separate and distinct beings each working for the same purpose and goal. I know that we are all responsible for our own thoughts and actions. I know that through the Atonement of Jesus, all mankind may be saved, but only by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel. I know that Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism - by immersion for the remission of our sins, and the laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost are the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel. I believe that man must be called of God by prophecy and by laying on of hands by those who are in authority to preach and administer in the ordinances of the Gospel. I believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly, I also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. I believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and I believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God. I believe that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent and that Christ will reign personally upon the earth.I love my Savior and all that he has done for me in my life. I constantly recognize God's hand in my life and know that all I have came from Him. I know He knows and loves me personally. I know that the plan of salvation is a true and promising plan.
I hope that I can teach my children in a manner that pleases the Lord. I hope that I can continue on the path of righteousness and that some day I and ALL my family will be able to return to Heavenly Father.
If my testimony touches your heart, you may be interested in learning more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at www.mormon.org.
No comments:
Post a Comment