...to the poor patrons and employees that happened to dine at the North Bend Bar and Grill between 7-8pm tonight. We wanted to simply celebrate with a nice steak dinner in honor Jason's raise by going out for a nice dinner.
HAH!
Have you tried taking a 4 year old sleep deprived (unknown until our arrival at the restaurant) little girl, a rambunctious 3 year old little boy with the attention span on a hummingbird, and a newborn with an upset stomach (again unknown until our arrival) to a sit down restaurant lately?? If not, don't.
As soon as our food arrived, our precious little Abby decided to treat everyone in the restaurant to her new set of lungs by ScReAmInG incessantly. I put her in the new Moby wrap she so enjoyed yesterday, took a bite or two, but the wrap wasn't hackin' it. So I then unwrapped her (still screaming) and figured she must still be hungry (but this hungry? I just fed her like an hour ago). I Pulled out the nursing cover, undid myself and proceeded to feed her and myself. Still upset and inconsolable, I think, "OK, it's gotta be her diaper - it did feel kinda full." I took her screaming little body into the bathroom and found out she was poopy - thinking "Ahh. Yes, I've found the problem." I changed her diaper and got her all put back together, but she's still screaming - which is magnified by the hollow emptiness of a completely tile bathroom!
"Ok, since she just pooped, she's probably made a little more room for food," I thought. "I'll top her off and then be able to go finish my now lukewarm dinner." (I haven't even TOUCHED my steak yet.) As I'm feeding her, again, I hear her blow out her pants. "Thank goodness she has a fresh new diaper to catch all that poo." I pick her up to burp her and she starts to scream again! AGH!! What the heck is wrong with this child. I lay her down and to my dismay there was poo coming out the side of her onsie. "CRAP!" (both figuratively and literally!) I start to try and clean her up, but it all just seemed to smear around, and not wipe up nicely. "Oh of all the places!" I look at my shirt to see if there is poop on it, since I just held her against me to burp her. I see there is just a little bit, only on my sleeve, and am very greatful! I felt so unprepared. I had no little baggie for her poopy clothes and/or her poopy diaper. This was my last diaper in the bag, but luckily I had just enough wipes to get is all cleaned up. Just then (after probably a good 15 minutes) Quincy comes bouncing in. She's trying to see what's going on, asking questions, making extra noise, and just creating more stress! As I'm trying to keep myself calm, I ask Quincy if Daddy had sent her in to see if I was ok, she said yes, so I told her to go tell Dad that Abby pooped her pants, but that everything is ok. (LOL) She then asks me, "Why did Abby poop her pants?" (Are you kidding me? I have to explain this to you right now?) "Just go tell your Dad," I said. (Come to find out she didn't even tell Jason what was going on. When he asked her, she just said everything was ok.) I FINALLY get Abby cleaned up and realize there is poop smeared down my pants and quickly try to wipe up most of that. Then I realize there is poop on the floor that I've been stepping in. I try to clean up the poo on the floor and on the bottom of my shoe.
Jason is now yelling through the door asking me what's going on. VERY frustrated, but trying to stay calm, I tell him to just open the blasted door, and then I tell him she blew out her pants. "Did you box up my stuff yet?" I asked him. "No, I didn't know what was going on," he says. "Ugh! Just box up my stuff and let's go!"
I finally finish cleaning up the changing table and Abby has finally calmed down. I say screw it to the niceties of packing the poopy diaper and all the wipes out with me. I throw them in the garbage, cover them up with the old paper towels that are in there and walk out.
When I get to the table I realize our other kids are completely out of control. I hurriedly pack up the baby and everything else, grab the kids and walk out the door not really saying anything to anyone and leaving Jason to deal with the leftovers and the bill.
Happy Day.
Again sorry to all those people at the restaurant - Don't Judge Me!
3 comments:
oh the joys of motherhood!! It's amazing how those little bodies can produce enough poo to spread everywhere!! I am so sorry you didn't get to enjoy the evening. I tell you, kids sure put a damper on simple pleasures, but in the end they are worth it.... Aren't they?!? :0)
Oh! I feel so bad for you!! Doing anything with kids is so unpredictable. Want to drop them off over here next time? It's not too late to celebrate!!!
I know this must have been one of your more frustrating moments in life, but I really enjoyed the visual of the story and got a good laugh at how it just kept getting..."better" :O) By the way, congrats on your new little bundle of joy and WAY TO GO on that delivery in your foyer/Living room? That takes guts! (Not that you planned it that way), but that you did it without totally freaking out was awesome!
Post a Comment