Thursday, February 28, 2008

My trip to Utah.

The past few weeks have been SO crazy! A week ago last Thursday, Quincy started to get a cold - no big deal, just a cold. HAH! She's still being plagued by this blasted cold! Isaac now too. No reason to go to the doctor, they can't do anything really when it's viral.

Tuesday, the day before we planned to drive to Utah, Isaac had a febrile seizure (the third in his life so far). We went to the doctor that same day and he (the doctor) said that unless Isaac "miraculously" woke up the next morning without a fever, he should be OK to go, but that that would most likely NOT happen. I PRAYED and I prayed that Isaac and Quincy would feel well enough so that we might be able to go to Utah as planned to be apart of Christyn's wedding that Saturday. I called our hometeacher, Brother Hull, and he came right over after work. He and Jason administer a blessing to both Quincy and Isaac and "miraculously" they awoke the next morning without a fever and "well" enough to travel.

We traveled to Utah and easier than expected. Once we arrive in Utah (thinking the cold would subside SOON), the children only got worse. It seemed as though I was constantly alternating Tylenol and Motrin ever few hours. (Thanks Steve and Sharese for your love and support!)

HOURS before we were to leave to return home, Isaac and Quincy were running around playing and Isaac tripped and smacked his head on the edge of a computer desk splitting open his forehead. A few hours later we ended up in the ER and Isaac got 5 stitches. Travel home was descent even though I only got an hour of sleep the night before.

No comments: