stu*pen*dous [stoo-pen-duhs] - adjective
1. causing amazement; astounding; marvelous
2. amazingly large or great; immense
Yesterday we were out and about running errands. I had packed a lunch for the kids and when Isaac said he was hungry I gave him a sandwich. A few seconds latter I heard "Stupendous!" Jason and I looked at each other in bewilderment, wondering "Did he really just say what we think he said" and "Where on earth had he heard that word!" When I turned back to look at him, he had a huge grin on his face and was looking down adoringly at his sandwich. I asked Isaac what he said and again he said "Stupendous!" I started cracking up and asked him where he heard that word. I think he thought he had said a bad word or something because he cautiously said "on the computer." I then realized that he and Quincy like to play "Martha Speaks" and "Word Girl" on www.pbskids.org. It all was REALLY hilarious and I love knowing that he actually is learning good things from all the "screen time" he gets.
2 comments:
that's a lot better than what corgan said the other day on his ride home from school.
jack@$$.
can't say he got it from "the computer". more like his grandpa on his dad's side. i was told he did use it correctly in the sentence.
smart boy!
Well that is just STUPENDOUS!!! What a cute kid!
Post a Comment